Monday, April 23, 2012

Well then.

So a lot of time has passed and I've decided to start writing again. Even if they are short entries...they are entries right?

I have the usual splitting end-of-period headache and I'm trying by best to tough it out and not take any acetaminophen.

We'll see when it comes time for sleep how long that lasts.

I am getting married in less than two months. Scary? I think so.

Amazing? I also think so.

I'm trying my best to let go of things. a lot of things. That's what getting married is all about. Letting go and letting God.

Large doses of forgiveness, patience and second chances also come with the package.

When we realize that life is too short for our stupid little hangups and grievences, we start living.

I'm ready to start living.

I have made a pact with myself this week. Starting today, whenever something bothers me or whenever I don't feel like someone is doing as they should I will first, stop and think:

a) this action or inaction is that person's doing and I cannot change it
b) it is a horrible goal to expect anything out of anyone who is currently human
c) no matter the outcome of this action, I know that God is in control and he is writing an infinite upper story of which I cannot understand
e) is my reaction toward this event or person displaying 1 Cor. 13:4-7 (love is patient, love is kind...etc.) ?
d) I cannot react this way in my own power, I need the Holy Spirit to help me.

After that, it is a matter of realizing all these things (not necessarily in sequential order) and praying for peace, wisdom, and guidance in the situation or relationship. You would be surprised at how much less daily things or people bother you.

I would have never considered myself a patient person. I am a Gen Y member, the first generation to grow up with the internet at our disposal. It's no wonder I am expecting instant gratification and smoothness in my life.

I am looking forward to tomorrow where I can tap into the power of the Holy Spirit and finally live. Life is too short to let little things bother you. Focus on God's big things and he'll take care of your little things if you trust and obey Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment