Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bridal showers and people skills.

So today I went to Hope's (Faith's sister) bridal shower.

yep.

I voluntarily went.

To a bridal shower.

If you know me, this news may seem shocking - however, for those who don't, let me tell you a little bit about myself.

*cue ripple effect*

I am not a big fan of any sort of female comradery such as baby showers, bridal showers, girls night out, sleepover parties, spa nights, jewelry parties, candle parties, etc. It's not that I'm a complete tomboy, or that I absolutely hate these events. It's what they've become that I hate.

Money. (candle/jewelry parties)

Proving something, angry at the opposite sex (girls night out/sleepovers)

Vanity, complaints about the body God gave you (spa nights)

It's just feeding into our negativity.

All of these events should be about blessings, fellowship with members of the same sex, and just building relationships to last a lifetime.

Keep it simple. Love God. Love people. It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment